If I had wings, I would be someone who's forgotten how to fly.
But forgetting can be remedied, I just have to remember how.
Friday, 16 March 2018
Wednesday, 18 October 2017
Tuesday, 10 October 2017
Sunday, 17 September 2017
1. To that friend who listens to me whine and knows my secrets.
2. To my parents who suffer me and are ultimately always there to support, although they don't make me realise it all the time.
3. To my brother who forgives easily and asks for forgiveness with equal ease.
4. To the wonderful guy who sends me a heart every morning to cheer me up.
5. To the friend who made life a bit easier for four months and who will soon leave the country.
6. To the old friends far away who still call, even when I don't always do the same.
7. To the friends who taught me friendship isn't forever.
8. To the person who taught me what love shouldn't be and to the person who taught me what love needs to blossom.
9. To that stranger who smiled so brilliantly at me that I will never forget it.
10. To the friend who insists I get a jacket and brings a sweatshirt for me.
11. To the stranger who asks me how my day is going.
12. To the friend who makes impromptu plans and brings me out of my comfort zone.
13. To the authors who write books that help me escape.
14. To everyone who shows a little bit of care, unexpectedly, which makes me believe a little bit more in humanity.
Monday, 17 July 2017
We'd been driving for quite a while now. The winding road led deep into forests and areas yet to be to be scarred by humans. It was quiet. Trees on either side enveloped the road and hugged its sides. Even the road had someone by its side, I mused. The canopy gave glimpses of a cloudy sky now and then.
It had been a tough week. Work, family, and relationships, everything seemed to have taken a downhill road. I felt like I was barely holding everything together and not breaking down in the middle of a meeting seemed like a great achievement. Nights were getting harder, for sleep had become more elusive. Haunting memories of how it was before returned, I had promised myself I wouldn't let myself go through something like that again. But lately that promise had been harder to keep. I didn't want to spend nights drowning in tears and pretending I was happy the next day, again and again. The idea itself was tiresome.
I was broken out of my reverie when his hands laced through mine and held them tightly. I hadn't realised we had stopped. The view was breathtaking. Miles and miles of forests and lush greenery, and a distant river glittering like diamonds in what little light the clouds let through. I heaved a sigh and looked at him. He had already been looking at me...we smiled and stayed, I don't know how long, but it didn't seem like such a long time.
"Are you happy now?", he asked, his brow furrowed with worry. It was so very tempting to straighten those lines of worry.
"Yes..", I replied, "so much." One silent tear rolled down my left cheek. I felt his hand squeezing mine, I squeezed back, and we smiled again. "Thank you", I whispered. He turned my hand and brought it up to his lips, and lightly kissed the back of it.
And we sat like that for a long time, silently, holding hands, perhaps both of us wishing for the moment to never end. And as we sat, for once, the universe did seem to be conspiring for us. If ever there could be a perfect day, it was this and my heart grew lighter as time grew more envious.
Monday, 10 July 2017
Wednesday, 10 May 2017
Have you ever had a heart-to-heart with someone? A conversation completely devoid of judgment? Just two people expressing their emotions or stories in a way that suits them best.