Monday 7 April 2014

Fairy Lessons

The girls came screaming down on me, “Aunt Caroline, Aunt Caroline, we want stories, fairy stories.” Martha and Ashley, my five year old twin nieces were both going through the fairy obsession phase.  They genuinely believed in fairies. Their mother, Lisa, thought it was unhealthy considering all the pink and glitters that surrounded them. I thought it was cute.
 Of course I agreed to their demands, it’s not like I had any other choice when considered with the alternative of facing tears and screams.
“Once Upon A Time, a long long time ago, there lived a...”
 And just like always it ended with a “With a swish and a swash, glitters and fairy dusts and a magic wand for use, the fairy made it all better, but remember you must always...”
“BELIEVE”, screamed the girls.
With some final giggles and sleepy murmurs, they became lost in a world of their own making.
......................................................................................................................................................
The hospital was silent, desolate. Tears ran down steadily down my cheek. Mother was in the hospital.
Lisa came rushing down the corridor, followed by Ashley and Martha. She took one look at me and rushed into the Doctor’s office. The girls stood their mutely, unsure, and so very young.

Both of them came forward and sat on either side of me, each holding onto my hands tightly. Martha tugged my fingers lightly and looked up at me with soulful eyes and said quietly “Don’t worry it will all be better.” Ashley continued from my other side, “All you have to do is believe...”
Click Here for Image Source!!!

Let your heart stay forever young...

Leave your blog links in the comments, I'll definitely hop on over.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...