Wednesday 23 April 2014

Triggered Reactions (A-Z Blogging)


Thoughts kept pouring into my head. I sat in the ambulance clutching her hand in desperation as its siren wailed and dispersed cars. In my mind I registered some machines beeping vaguely. I was dimly aware of EMT’s talking and shouting orders. If I had held her a minute longer. Now they put the oxygen mask on her. I still clutched her hand. If we had been a minute late. I registered someone shaking me...If the driver of the car hadn't been drunk. The siren still wailed, in agony i thought, how apt, as the vehicle weaved through traffic. If I had held her hand. The ambulance had stopped. They were now carrying her out...away. I followed. If the driver had stayed a minute longer at the bar. They took her into the operating room. I waited...I prayed, for my darling baby girl. If...

And the possibilities of ifs floated and drifted endlessly in my mind...

I have always wondered and stood amazed at the sequence of events and coincidences that have to take place for a certain moment to occur...it could be anything, from a simple perchance meeting, missing the train or in this case an accident to take place. This has always left me astounded and dazed when considering the various possible courses of action that could have taken place if a single minute detail was out of order...how a simple series of triggered reaction can change or impact someone's life so invariably and often permanently.

The Universe...
A wondrous thing to be wondered at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...