Saturday 26 April 2014

Wars(A-Z Blogging)

My theme for my first ever A-Z Blogging Challenge is fiction pieces. They are a bit amateurish but I hope to get better! 
 Happy Reading...


I walked across the battlefield. We had won. But at what price? The question stirred my mind until it was nothing but a cloudy and misty mass of twirling and dancing thoughts of burden, death and destruction. Most of the bodies that lay on the ground now were of the enemies. Mutilated, twisted, body parts jutting out at awkward angles, heads cut off...We have to give them a proper burial. I sighed. The rusty tang of blood filled my nostrils. So many....dead! Wars...,dirty plots by the privileged , why?, to satisfy the vanity and ego of men too afraid to sort it out themselves at the price of others lives. I picked my sword up from the ground where I had dropped it and walked back towards the encampment.
With a final look back at the battlefield, I heaved with all my might and stuck my sword deep into the earth and took it out again to wipe out the stains of blood. But I was afraid that these stains would never fade.

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
-Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...