Tuesday 1 April 2014

ADIEU...[A-Z Challenge]

The man facing me was heavy set with square shoulders, had a mustache, wore a trench coat and was somewhere around in his late forties...  Somewhere behind me a baby started crying followed by the sounds of irritation and shushing.  Newspapers, books and magazines flicked and cracked. “Ticket please”, the ticket checker’s crisp voice could be heard every few seconds immediately accompanied by a clicking.
I sighed and looked out of the window, the landscape flew, as though afraid someone will catch it, someone like me, who wanted to retain a part of that terrain forever.  My jaw clenched and my shoulders squared as I said good bye to the land I love...

Ticket please”, the sharp voice sliced through my thoughts.  I reached automatically to hold out the ticket and sighed audibly, but then life would go on still with no one the wiser of my decision.
Click Here for Image Source!!!
My first post for the A-Z Challenge...
Hop on over for more daily flash fictions.
Happy Reading!!!

Please do leave your comments and suggestions!
Stay forever in your dreams
And make the world see read what you see...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...