Monday 21 April 2014

Ring around the rosie...

Ring around the Rosie
Pocket full of posies...
The voices howled across the park. I walked across it and sat near a bench.And I watched. They are so happy.
The Black Plague had hit Europe and destroyed a large chunk of it's population...men,women,old,young,rich,poor,..no one was spared. 
Ring around the Rosie..that's how it started,a dark ring on the skin.
Pocket full of posies...Herbs shoved into pockets to protect oneself from the Plague.
Ashes..ashes..,the bodies of the dead were cremated.
We all fall down.
And I watched as the children fell down.

Although the story isn't true, the theme it revolves around it is! The nursery rhyme Ring Around the Rosie...actually has it's origin from the Black Plague. I know...creepy right?!
Oh well....I hope you enjoyed....!
Happy Reading!
Do leave your blog links in the comments and I'll definitely hop on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...